Thursday, July 17, 2008

Vacation Bible School


At the end of June, Chad, Collin, and I participated in our first VBS at Cumming Baptist. As you can see, our theme was Outrigger Island. It was a great week, and many area children were reached with the Gospel....and it was a lot of fun!We had a great turnout!
Heather, Brooke, and I hanging out in the snack room.
I helped Heather (left), as she taught the kindergarten.


Chad and Bud leading the song, "I can do what the Bible Says"
The kids loved Bud's mohawk. Three boys showed up with the same hairstyle on family night!


This was Collin's first VBS, and he had a great time. He was able to enjoy some of the big kid activities, snacks (as you can see!), music (his favorite), and recreation.


Big Colin and Little Collin :-)


This is a video of me & Jennifer (our VBS director) throwing chocolate creme pies in Chad's face. Chad had the honor of receiving the pie because the girls raised the most money in the missions coin drive. I was touched by a little girl in my class who brought in her vacation spending money to send to a missionary in American Samoa. It brought tears to my eyes, as I thought about myself, and how selfish I can be sometimes. But this young girl brought all she had been saving, and gave it all for God's kingdom. God showed me through this little girl, that my faith needs to be more like one of a child's. Overall, the total given by both the boys & girls was over $1000!
These pictures & video are courtesy of Nancy Carter, our VBS photographer for the week. She did a great job!

1 comment:

Kimberly Bauer said...

We loved the pie in the face video. It brings back memories of chad putting a pie in Kacie's face and my face. Funny Funny!!!!