Friday, January 30, 2009

And her name is going to be........

What do you know? I found our daughter's ultrasound pictures, right where grandpa left them over a month ago. What kind of mother am I?? I'm just thankful they weren't accidently thrown away. These are the pictures of baby at 20 weeks, when I had my ultrasound. She sure is cute, and small :-)


We have decided on a name, AINSLEY ELISABETH IRELAND. I have discovered I am partial to either Scottish or Irish names. Ainsley means, "my own meadow" and Elisabeth means, "consecrated to God." Elisabeth (or Elizabeth) is one that I think is not only a pretty name but it is also my prayer & hope for this little girl. I pray that she will grow into a young woman who loves the Lord and desires to serve Him wherever he leads her. It is exciting to think that God already knows our names, before they are "chosen" by our parents, and has a plan for each of our lives before we make our entrance into the world. Psalm 139 is a wonderful reminder of that.

4 comments:

gina said...

I LOVE IT! ainsley ireland sounds adorable!

Brian and Jen said...

love it too... :)

tmzetterberg@yahoo.com said...

What a sweet name...i'm sure it will match her personality :)

jz

Ryan and Lori said...

Love the name! Aren't you excited about having a little girl? I've had fun picking out girlie things this time!